Monday, January 4, 2010

Sorry for the Silence :)

Sorry for the lack of posting this past week. I was having WAY too much fun with my family over the New Year's holiday. I was also in bargain-shopping heaven while visiting my sister. Which brings me to today's topic: perspective.

While visiting my sister I did some shopping at some outlet and discount stores. The prices there were unbelievably low!! I'm talking $2.50 for a perfect, beautiful, Ann Taylor Loft blouse (can I get a heck yeah!!!) I went back to the same store every day for 3 days, afraid to miss any more great deals. I was sorely tempted to throw away all of my clothes back home to make room for an entire new wardrobe. I never imagined that clothes, quality clothes especially, could be so inexpensive. It changed my whole perspective on clothes shopping and what was a "good deal".

And so it is with everything else that you buy. Before getting into coupons, staying under $100 a week for quality groceries was a "good deal" for me, even a bargain at times. I never dreamed that some things such as yogurt (which are $.25 for a 4 pack at Publix this week by the way) could be purchased for so much less. That realization has carried over into other areas. You begin to look at everything as negotiable or as just a starting point before reaching an actual purchase price that you feel good about. My husband has learned to never buy things right when he first sees them because he knows to ask me if there is a way to get it cheaper. And there usually is!

So, the moral of the story is that your perspective changes as you learn what is a good deal for you. Part of the fun and excitement of bargain stalking shopping is challenging your current price thresholds. How low can you go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment